Friday 6 August 2010

shitter

In the mind of Jean Grey - X


Ah, yes. The gig (a premonition).

It was 12-ish midnight the place

is still teeming with people. We

were in the audience, beer in hand

as the band took the stage. As I

stood there with a friend, who was

a staunch, hard-to-please music

critic, I wasn't expecting much.

And there he was.... looking good

onstage with an instrument in hand.

There was a hint of stage fright

which made him adorable as his band

staggered through the first song.

The musicianship wasn't as par as

what you listen to on the radio but

I don't think that matters right

now. My friend was mumbling

something to my ear, he is probably

unleashing one of his fiery

criticism or maybe one of his dull

compliments. but it won't matter.

The first song was over. Was it 4

minutes already? Time slowed for a

moment there or was it too fast? It

was quite windy that night as the

band moved from song to song. I

was able to chat with my friend but

I wasn't able to really comprehend

as his words became incoherent as

the band played my favorite song.

I saw his eyes gazed at my

direction for a split second as he

played on. Or did he? I was

chatting with my friend who I can't

believe was actually giving

compliments. He did. He actually

did. I caught him breaking into a

smile as our eyes accidentally meet

for the third time. Third time.

I was actually keeping track. This

is so not me. The band set ended

and my feelings were incoherent.

Were those eyes meant to cross or

does it mean anything. On a windy

January midnight the months have

changed already. As the days would

keep passing and the winds keep

blowing. I'll just keep stuff

hanging. Why?!? This is just me.

No comments: